If you are an experienced Legal Cashier seeking a new permanent opportunity to work within one of West Yorkshires’ leading law firms, then this could be the ideal role for you! Being a very well established, highly reputable and successful organisation, based in their highly prestigious office based on the outskirts of Wakefield, West Yorkshire offering outstanding facilities and free parking!
Working within the Finance Department your duties, to include:
- Preparation of computerised Client and Office Account bank reconciliations
- Daily reconciliation of Client and Office bank accounts and cashbooks, including investigation and correction of any queries or errors and reporting any discrepancies to the Legal Cashiers Manager
- Checking and inputting bills
- Processing payments
- Writing off disbursements and Work in Progress within the agreed limits
- Aiding non-finance staff (predominantly fee earners) with transaction/client ledger related queries
- Daily banking of client account funds and keying the receipts into the computerised client ledgers
- Checking completion statements in conveyancing transactions
- Dealing with any internal and external enquiries, keeping in mind client confidentiality
- Arranging transfers to and from designated deposit accounts
- Dealing with requests for interest calculations
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Senior Legal Cashier and / or the Finance Manager
You will have previous experience double entry bookkeeping, bank reconciliations, billing, disbursements, sales and purchase ledgers, with excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office. In addition, you will be highly organised, working with attention to detail and able to prioritise your workload in a busy and fast paced environment. Previous experience of working within finance in the legal sector would be advantageous but is not essential.
In return our client offers a fantastic, very friendly team working environment and an excellent benefits package!
If you are interested, please call Deborah or Victoria IMMEDIATELY on 01274 865878 to discuss further.
Elite Personnel Services Limited is an equal opportunities employer acting as an Employment Agency in the case of work-seekers for permanent positions, and as an Employment Business in the case of work-seekers for temporary positions and it is our policy to treat job applicants, employees and workers in the same way, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnic origin or disability.
|Location||Wakefield, West Yorkshire|
|Salary||Salary negotiable DOE|