Are you an experienced Finance Manager seeking a new permanent role within a growing company? Would you like to work within a very positive, refreshing and rewarding team environment offering outstanding amenities and hybrid working? Is Halifax, West Yorkshire convenient for you? If so, this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
Overseeing a busy Finance Team of circa 50 staff, you will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day management, activities and guidance of the Finance Team. Driving performance against set targets and providing strong leadership and direction to the team.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Manage the daily running of the team, including effective resource, demand and utilisation planning.
- Oversee the processing of high-volume transactions whilst ensuring accuracy and correctness of data
- Manage the team’s set objectives and targets working together to achieve them. Monitoring the team closely to ensure exceptional service is provided and KPIs are met
- Ensure supplier queries are dealt with in a prompt and timely manner and act as a point of escalation
- Ensure invoicing is kept up to date and all invoices are reviewed within 1 working day of receipt.
- Put processes in place to improve customer and supplier relationships
- Review current processes and drive continuous improvement
- Assist the management accountant with month-end transaction queries
- Oversee the aged debtor book ensuring that accounts are kept up to date
- Manage cash flow and resource effectively at all times
- Review employee performance through daily monitoring and monthly 121s. Identify training needs and plan continuous improvement training programmes to continuously improve service levels and accuracy
- Coach, motivate and retain high performing employees and coordinate pay review and bonus schemes
- Adhere to all relevant regulatory rules and guidance applicable to the role
You will have:
- Team management experience
- Experience in dealing with high volume transactions
- Proactive approach to query resolution
- Evidence of a proactive approach to work and people management
- Positive outlook and approach with a proven ability to motivate and engage others
- Strong organisational skills and methodical approach to a working environment
An accounting qualification is not essential if you are QBE.
In return, our client offers an outstanding benefits package and a great working environment.
Working hours are 37.5 Monday to Friday with the option of working hybrid
If you are interested, please call Deborah or Helen IMMEDIATELY on 01274 865878 to discuss further.
Elite Personnel Services Limited is an equal opportunities employer acting as an Employment Agency in the case of work-seekers for permanent positions, and as an Employment Business in the case of work-seekers for temporary positions and it is our policy to treat job applicants, employees and workers in the same way, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnic origin or disability.
|Job Category||Finance Manager|
|Salary||Circa £50,000 pa|