If you are an experienced Defendant PI (Personal Injury) Claims Handler seeking an exciting new permanent role within a highly reputable, forward thinking and progressive law firm, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you! Very conveniently based in the centre of Bradford, West Yorkshire, our client offers excellent career prospects and a very generous benefits package, including discounted parking!
Working within the Defendant Personal Injury Department your duties will include:
- Conducting defence of EL/PL claims for Personal Injury from the beginning of the claim up to but not including litigation – preferably with a retail focus
- Ability to use the MOJ EL/PL Portal
- Dealing with opponents, experts, statutory bodies and client by e-mail, telephone and in writing
- Negotiating on issues of liability and quantum
- Pursuing recovery of client’s losses, where appropriate, from third parties
- Maintaining accurate financial / reserve / risk management information on all claims, complying with internal, client and procedural protocols
- Ensuring that personal objectives are reviewed and met
- Developing a good relationship with existing and potential clients ensuring that a high standard of client care is exercised at all times
- Providing good customer service to litigants in person
- Ensuring that relevant training is carried out and keep up to date with relevant legislation and practice and all work is carried out in accordance with SRA/Law Society Regulations
- Carrying out duties and responsibilities with due regard to the firm’s Equality & Diversity Policy
You will have previous experience of carrying out a similar hands-on fee earning role, from either a legal or insurance claims background, together with excellent communication, organization and IT skills. Experience of MOJ EL/PL Portal is also essential, with experience of defending retail claims being desirable.
In return our client offers a state of the art, prestigious yet friendly and down to earth team working environment with a fantastic range of sports and social events!
If you are interested, please call Deborah or Victoria IMMEDIATELY on 01274 865878 to discuss further.
Elite Personnel Services Limited is an equal opportunities employer acting as an Employment Agency in the case of work-seekers for permanent positions, and as an Employment Business in the case of work-seekers for temporary positions and it is our policy to treat job applicants, employees and workers in the same way, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnic origin or disability.
|Salary||£22,000 - 24,000 pa|
|Location||Bradford, West Yorkshire|